Wednesday, December 23, 2009

For Liz


It is with utmost sadness and heavy hearts that we say our final goodbye to a wonderful lady, a dear, dear friend and one of Peanut Pet Shelter's greatest supporters. Although far away, Liz has been with us every step of the way since the very first days of PPS. Her kindness, generosity and indomitable spirit meant so much to us, even more so when we found out how much she was suffering herself. We were so excited when she wrote to say that she would be visiting PPS for the very first time. Until she came through the gate, we were totally unaware that the person that wrote us the most lively, amusing, vivacious emails was so very unwell. To know Liz, was to love her and and her loving kindness towards animals and humans alike was overwhelming.

We were thrilled when Liz became one of our very first animal sponsors. Liz was 'Sponsor-mom' to many PPS dogs. As each one was adopted, another would take it's place, including a little brown puppy called Jorge. We were delighted, when as a fully grown dog, Jorge was lucky enough to be welcomed into his new, forever home with Liz and Bill in the United States. Liz was also the very first sponsor of our proposed new clinic. Her latest sponsored dogs are Juliette and Wendy and we are so very sad that they, like us, won't get to see her one last time.

Our thoughts right now are with Liz's lovely husband Bill in his time of loss.

Dearest Liz , you will be forever in our hearts and the memory of your loving kindness will live on. We are honored to have known you.




Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush

of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there, I did not die...


- Mary Frye




LIZ LEWIS (Pugmom) R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment