Friday, December 18, 2009

A Christmas Wish




A few days ago we received an email that so touched our hearts, we felt we had to share it with you.



I took a trip in April to Cherokee, North Carolina so my Foster daughter could visit with her Grandparents and Father. While we were down there my Foster Daughter had taken out my dog a Border collie lab mix, Marty, they were out of the vehicle for him to go to the bathroom. He had never heard Indian drums and they started to play, he was so scared he backed out of his collar and up the mountain he went. It was just my daughter and I. I was devastated we stayed an additional 3 days searching for my baby boy. Unfortunately he did not turn up. We printed up 500 missing posters and had them posted in every business in this town. We had to come back home to Waukesha, WI. I think that was one of the longest and worst 12 hr drives I have ever had to do. Since then we have a wonderful lady who lives there who decided to become his guardian angel, she walks the area at least 4-5 times a week and feeds something. Her family searches the area frequently apparently there have been sightings of him. People have taken photos of him and sent them saying they saw him. He was a very spoiled dog and stayed with me and no one else, I know now that was not a good thing because he will not go to anyone. We have gone back 2 different occasions but with no luck of finding him. I have never been so attached to a dog, I have his picture everywhere. I am afraid to get close to another dog, I guess I am still hoping by some miracle that he will come home. Anyway enough I am going to cry again, sorry I just wanted to share. I hope someone has helped out my baby boy like you help so many others. I am planning a trip to the beautiful area of Playa Del Carmen in early 2010 not sure when yet. But when I do come down I would love to visit your shelter. Who knows if I find out enough info I may have to find a wonderful dog in need of a great home and lots of Love. We do have 2 other dogs that I think were my saviors in staying sane through all of this. One is 5 the other is just a year, they are both rescue dogs and very happy and healthy.


If anyone lives in or is visiting this area, please, please, be on the look-out for Marty. Losing a beloved pet is such a heartbreaking experience. If you have seen Marty or know of any way to help, please contact us at info@peanutpetshelter.org
We would love to see Marty and Michelle reunited.

Miracles can and do happen. This miracle is on our wish list this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment